Pumps and Its Importance
During the industrial age, one of the first essential machines was invented. This machine is pumping system. Since then, it continues to evolve with different sizes, types, and application. Today, we’re going to give you some basic information about pumps.
What is A Pump?
A pump is a piece of mechanical equipment which moves the liquid from level to high level or moves fluid from the low-pressure area to high-pressure area. It can also be a booster in a piping network system. Moreover, it converts merely transfer liquid from source to destination and circulate fluid around a system. Reports show that pumping system has been the 20 percent of worlds electrical demand and the 25-55 percentage of energy usage in some industries.
Different Types of Pump and its’ uses
The following are two main types of pumps, and these two main types are also classified into various types:
- Dynamic Pumps – this is a kind of pump that is usually for water supply, and positive displacement pumps are used for foam. Some known dynamic pumps are the following:
- Centrifugal Pumps – the most common model where the fluid is sucked in by a propeller. It is used when you require pump media that have low viscosity and solid elements.
- Submersible Pumps – this type of dynamic pump is also known as stormwater, sewage, and septic pumps. It is commonly used for shifting stormwater, subsoil water, wastewater, black water, greywater, rainwater, trade waste, chemicals, bore water, and foodstuffs.
- Fire Hydrant Systems – also known as hydrant boosters, fire pumps, and fire water pumps are fire hydrant systems. These are water pumps that are high-forced, and that enhances the capacity of fire fighting of construction. So, you can use these for irrigation as well as water transfer.
- Positive Displacement Pumps – another main type of pump is the PD. It makes a fluid move by trapping a fixed amount and displacing that trapped volume into the discharge pipe. Some classifications of it are:
- Piston Pumps – this is a type of positive displacement pump where the fluid is sucked in and out by one or more piston, which has reciprocating movements. Mostly used in used in water irrigation, scenarios requiring high, or reliable pressure.
- Gear pumps – another type of positive displacement pump is the gear pump. This one force a stable amount of liquid for every revolution.
- Diaphragm pumps – this one is also known as AOD pumps (Air operated diaphragms), pneumatic, and AODD pumps. It is frequently used in general plants, industrial and mining.
These are some of the types that you can find. It is always best to learn about the types of pumps. This is to avoid any complications and for future projects to be successful.
Choosing the Good Quality of a Pump
In conclusion, pumps are essential, especially in the industrial field. Hence, it is best to learn more about pumps and where you can get the highest quality for your huge projects. So, please be careful in choosing the type of pump you’re going to use. We advise that you remember the following:
- One must determine first the exact water that needs for flow or pressure. The pump must be sized with the precise pressure and flow requirements of your irrigation system.
- One must learn enough about the pump hydraulics; determine the pressure and flow of your irrigation system needed to choose a type of pump, model size, and the method of controlling the pump.
- Another thing to consider in selecting the best quality of the pump is the technical characteristics of the pump media. The parameters of the network must also be considered including head losses, such head and flow rate because it helps to determine the operating point of the pump.
For more details about pumps, get in touch with SEOCA Pumps. Seoca Pump prides itself in offering customers the highest level of expertise and service in industrial pumping system solutions. So, don’t miss the chance to partner up with us !